hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Jian He <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.3 RC0
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2016 07:32:38 GMT
+1 for the source tarball.

- Compiled and built from the source code
- Deployed a cluster
- Successfully ran some sample jobs.

Thanks,
Jian

> On Jul 27, 2016, at 10:11 AM, Akira Ajisaka <ajisakaa@oss.nttdata.co.jp> wrote:
>
> +1 for the source tarball.
>
> - Downloaded source tarball and binary tarball
> - Verified signatures and checksums
> - Compiled and built a single node cluster
> - Compiled Hive 2.1.0/1.2.1 and Tez 0.8.4/0.7.1 using Hadoop 2.7.3 pom successfully
> - Ran some Hive on Tez queries successfully
>
> Thanks,
> Akira
>
> On 7/27/16 04:12, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli wrote:
>> But, everyone please do continue your sanity checking on RC0 in case there are more
issues to be fixed.

>> Thanks
>> +Vinod
>>
>>> On Jul 26, 2016, at 12:11 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vinodkv@apache.org>
wrote:

>>> Thanks Daniel and Wei.
>>>
>>> I think these are worth fixing, I’m withdrawing this RC. Will look at fixing
these issues and roll a new candidate with the fixes as soon as possible.

>>> Thanks
>>> +Vinod

with native library for Linux. On the contrary, the Hadoop built from source tarball with
maven -Pnative can find the native libraries on the same host.

are set to Release 2.7.3 - 2016-07-27.
are set to Release 2.7.3 - 2016-08-01. This is probably a non-issue though.

<http://home.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.3-RC0/> <http://home.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.3-RC0/

<http://repository.apache.org/ <http://repository.apache.org/>> at https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1040/
<https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1040/> <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1040/
<https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1040/>>

I hosted this at http://home.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.3-RC0/releasenotes.html <http://home.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.3-RC0/releasenotes.html>
<http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC1/releasenotes.html <http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC1/releasenotes.html>>
for your quick perusal.

issues (HADOOP-12893) caused 2.7.3 (along with every other Hadoop release) to slip by quite
a bit. This release's related discussion thread is linked below: [1].

<https://www.mail-archive.com/hdfs-dev%40hadoop.apache.org/msg24439.html> <http://markmail.org/thread/6yv2fyrs4jlepmmr
<http://markmail.org/thread/6yv2fyrs4jlepmmr>>