hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Kuhu Shukla <kshu...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.3 RC0
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2016 22:45:00 GMT
+1 (non-binding).
   - Built Tar ball from source.
   - Deployed pseudo-distributed cluster.
   - Ran sleep job.
Thank you Vinod!
Regards,Kuhu Shukla

    On Tuesday, July 26, 2016 4:17 PM, Andrew Wang <andrew.wang@cloudera.com> wrote:

 On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 1:23 PM, Karthik Kambatla <kasha@cloudera.com>
wrote:

> IIRR, the vote is on source artifacts and binaries are for convenience.
>
> Let me refine this statement a bit. Both the binary tarball and the JARs
we publish to Maven are still official release artifacts. This is why we
need L&Ns for them. Else, we shouldn't be distributing them.

In any case, it's up to the PMC to decide what is a valid release, via lazy
majority voting on this thread. I personally don't feel that strongly about
the native code, since I think it needs to be compiled per-distro anyway.