hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Karthik Kambatla <ka...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] merging YARN-2928 (Timeline Service v.2) to trunk
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2016 02:29:07 GMT
Firstly, thanks Sangjin and others for driving this major feature.

Merging to trunk and including in 3.0.0-alpha1 seems reasonable, as it will
give early access to downstream users.

With regards to merging, it would help to have clear documentation on how
to setup and use ATS.

Slightly unrelated to the merge, do we plan to support any other simpler
backend for users to try out, in addition to HBase? LevelDB? I understand
this wouldn't scale, but would it help with initial adoption and feedback
from early users?