hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Varun saxena <varun.sax...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] merging YARN-2928 (Timeline Service v.2) to trunk
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2016 08:07:38 GMT

Regards,
Varun Saxena.

-----Original Message-----
From: Karthik Kambatla [mailto:kasha@cloudera.com]
Sent: 21 June 2016 10:29
To: Sangjin Lee
Cc: yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] merging YARN-2928 (Timeline Service v.2) to trunk

Firstly, thanks Sangjin and others for driving this major feature.

Merging to trunk and including in 3.0.0-alpha1 seems reasonable, as it will give early access
to downstream users.

With regards to merging, it would help to have clear documentation on how to setup and use
ATS.

Slightly unrelated to the merge, do we plan to support any other simpler backend for users
to try out, in addition to HBase? LevelDB? I understand this wouldn't scale, but would it
help with initial adoption and feedback from early users?