hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Junping Du <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Why there are so many revert operations on trunk?
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2016 16:36:08 GMT
Thanks Aaron for pointing it out. I didn't see any consensus on HDFS-9924 so I think we should
bring it here with broader audiences for more discussions.

I saw several very bad practices here:

1. committer (no need to say who) revert all commits from trunk without making consensus with
all related contributors/committers.

2. Someone's comments on feature branch are very misleading... If I didn't remember wrong,
feature development doesn't have to go through feature branch which is just an optional process.
This creative process of feature branch and branch committer - I believe the intention is
trying to accelerate features development but not to slow them down.

3. Someone (again, no need to say who) seems to claim himself as RM for trunk. I don't think
we need any RM for trunk. Even for RM of 3.0.0-alpha, I think we need someone else who demonstrates
he/she is more responsible, work hardly and carefully and open communication with all community.
Only through this, the success of Hadoop in age of 3.0 are guranteed.

Thanks,

Junping