hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Kanter <rkan...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Different JIRA permissions for HADOOP and HDFS
Date Tue, 17 May 2016 18:16:40 GMT
We've also had a related long-standing issue (or at least I have) where I
can't add any more contributors to HADOOP or HDFS because JIRA times out on
looking up their username.  I'm guessing we have too many contributors for
those projects.  I bet YARN and MAPREDUCE are close.  Is there some way for
us to add a "Contributors2" group with the same permissions as a
workaround?  Or we could try to clean out contributors who are no longer
active, but that might be hard to figure out.

- Robert

On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 11:12 AM, Ray Chiang <rchiang@cloudera.com> wrote:

> Similar issue for me.  I can't modify HDFS and HADOOP JIRAs now.
>
> -Ray
>

> On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 9:54 AM, Varun Saxena <vsaxena.varun@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I do not have permissions for any project other than YARN as well. Unable
> > to assign a JIRA in MAPREDUCE for instance.
> > Can somebody give me permission ?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Varun Saxena.
> >

> > On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 11:03 AM, Vinayakumar B <
> > vinayakumarb.apache@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks Akira.

> and

> before