hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Allen Wittenauer ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hadoop CI with alternate architectures.
Date Wed, 18 May 2016 15:29:48 GMT

	That’s really a question for infrastructure-dev@apache.org . They manage the ASF build
infrastructure which Apache Hadoop and lots of other projects utilize.  (Bigtop uses something
custom, which I think is funded by Cloudera.)

	Once it is registered with builds.apache.org, it’s just a matter of us enabling a Jenkins
job for it. I suspect we’ll likely do it like we have done other architectures in the past:
set up a nightly job that people will need to cognizant of.  Adding it to precommit would
likely be too much and/or require some significant Yetus work to support reports from multiple
hosts.

	FWIW:

		* We have a Mac mini which, ironically, I thought I’d see if I could get a nightly job
running on while I type this.
		* We have a dedicated Windows box which appears to be completely screwed up.
		* In the past, I think it was IBM that hinted that they would be willing to give ASF a PowerPC
box but that offer seems to have disappeared.