hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Rohith Sharma K S <rohithsharm...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: [Release thread] 2.8.0 release activities
Date Fri, 20 May 2016 05:10:33 GMT
There are few test cases regularly failing in YARN because of HADOOP-12687(issue with DNS).
This issue is blocker for releases since YARN test cases do not guarantee quality.

There are some patches ready for this issue. But we doubt will this violate RFC-1535?

I would like to hear opinion from community on this.

Thanks & Regards
Rohith Sharma K S

-----Original Message-----
From: Jian He [mailto:jhe@hortonworks.com]
Sent: 12 May 2016 06:34
To: mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org; yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org; hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org;
common-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: [Release thread] 2.8.0 release activities

For MapReduce/YARN, I closed a few staled ones. Only 4 jiras needs attention for 2.8

MAPREDUCE-6288
YARN-1815
YARN-4685
YARN-4844

The rest are either improvements or long-standing issues and does not qualify release blocker,
IMO.
I think we’ll try to get these 4 jiras in asap. The rest will be on best effort, resolve
as much as possible and move them out if not resolved in time.

Jian

On May 11, 2016, at 5:37 PM, Wangda Tan <wheeleast@gmail.com<mailto:wheeleast@gmail.com>>