hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Charlie Wright <charliewri...@live.ca>
Subject RE: Yarn Client Compilation Error
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2016 14:25:28 GMT
> 1. OS?
> 2. which JVM?
> 3. what maven version?
> 4. and which hadoop branch have you pulled out? trunk?
Apache Maven 3.3.9Java version: 1.8.0_72, vendor: Oracle CorporationOS name: "linux", version:
"3.16.0-38-generic", arch: "amd64", family: "unix" (Linux Mint 17.2)Hadoop Branch: branch-2.8
I added the import to AMRMClientImpl.java because I added some things in org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager
that I am using in AMRMClientImpl.java.

-Charles.

> Subject: Re: Yarn Client Compilation Error
> From: stevel@hortonworks.com
> To: yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org
> Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2016 13:20:15 +0000
>

> > On 2 Mar 2016, at 10:04, Charles Wright <charliewright@live.ca> wrote:
> >
> > The following is output from my build:
> >
> > [INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
> > [ERROR] COMPILATION ERROR :
> > [INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
> > [ERROR] /home/charles/git/hadoop/hadoop-yarn-project/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-client/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/yarn/client/api/impl/AMRMClientImpl.java:[75,53]
package org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager does not exist

> > I am trying to import org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager to my class
and am receiving compile errors. I tried editing the POM.xml in /hadoop/hadoop-yarn-project/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-client/
to include the following dependency:

> > <dependency>
> > <groupId>org.apache.hadoop</groupId>
> > <artifactId>hadoop-yarn-server-resourcemanager</artifactId>
> > </dependency>
> >

> it works for everyone else, so something is probably up on your system
>

> 1. OS?
> 2. which JVM?
> 3. what maven version?
> 4. and which hadoop branch have you pulled out? trunk?
>

> I don't see any import of the server.resourcemanager package in the copy of AMRMClientImpl.java
in branch-2.8/branch-2 or trunk ... maybe you've accidentally picked up a broken branch or
pasted something in yourself

> finally https://builds.apache.org/view/H-L/view/Hadoop/ can give you a quick view of
how things are working, especially which test failures to expect