hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Akira AJISAKA <ajisa...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>
Subject Re: 2.7.3 release plan
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2016 06:45:07 GMT
Thank you Vinod!

FYI: 2.7.3 will be a bit special release.

HDFS-8791 bumped up the datanode layout version,
so rolling downgrade from 2.7.3 to 2.7.[0-2]
is impossible. We can rollback instead.

https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-hdfs/HdfsRollingUpgrade.html

Regards,
Akira

On 3/31/16 08:18, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Got nudged about 2.7.3. Was previously waiting for 2.6.4 to go out (which did go out
mid February). Got a little busy since.

> Following up the 2.7.2 maintenance release, we should work towards a 2.7.3. The focus
obviously is to have blocker issues [1], bug-fixes and *no* features / improvements.

> I hope to cut an RC in a week - giving enough time for outstanding blocker / critical
issues. Will start moving out any tickets that are not blockers and/or won’t fit the timeline
- there are 3 blockers and 15 critical tickets outstanding as of now.