hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.6.4 RC0
Date Sun, 07 Feb 2016 23:02:05 GMT

> On 3 Feb 2016, at 07:01, Junping Du <jdu@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
> Hi community folks,
>   I've created a release candidate RC0 for Apache Hadoop 2.6.4 (the next maintenance
release to follow up 2.6.3.) according to email thread of release plan 2.6.4 [1]. Below is
details of this release candidate:

> The RC is available for validation at:
> *http://people.apache.org/~junping_du/hadoop-2.6.4-RC0/
> <http://people.apache.org/~junping_du/hadoop-2.6.4-RC0/>*
>
> The RC tag in git is: release-2.6.4-RC0
>
> The maven artifacts are staged via repository.apache.org at:
> *https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1028/?
> <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1028/>*
>
> You can find my public key at:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/dist/KEYS

+1 binding

I rebuilt apache slider (incubating) with -Dhadoop.version=2.6.4; this picked up the artifacts
from staging, ran all unit tests

I ran the functional tests with that build deploying stuff to a kerberized Hadoop 2.6.0 cluster:
that's a nice way of catching backwards compatibility problems, including failure to link
against the older libhadoop.so

a couple of the thirty tests did fail, which had me worried -so I did a rebuild of the slider
code against hadoop 2.7.2 and the problem was still there, something which looks suspiciously
related to kerberos auth problems. Not related to the 2.6.4 RC at all.