hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Charlie Wright <charliewri...@live.ca>
Subject RE: Sending an event from YARN to applications running on the cluster
Date Thu, 14 Jan 2016 03:25:43 GMT
Well im trying to send my own event, a ResourcePressureEvent. I have a thread in the ResourceManager
that I have created that periodically checks for "resource pressure" - which is whenever the
(pending resources + used resources / total resources >= threshold) - and whenever there
is "resource pressure" I want to send an event to applications running on the cluster (specifically
Spark applications).

Charles.

> From: garlanaganarasimha@huawei.com
> To: yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org
> Subject: RE: Sending an event from YARN to applications running on the cluster
> Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 03:15:06 +0000
>
> Hi Charles,
>
> What YARN event needs to be sent ? may be some info on it will be useful to help you.
>
> Regards,
> + Naga

the cluster. From what I gather, Spark uses the AMRMClient class to interface with YARN. How
would I go about sending an event from the ResourceManager to the AMRMClient?