hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Arpit Agarwal <aagar...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.2 RC2
Date Tue, 19 Jan 2016 05:46:09 GMT
+1 (binding)

- verified signatures
- Installed pseudo-cluster from binary distribution and ran example MapReduce jobs
- Built from sources and reran tests on pseudo-cluster

at https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1027 <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1027>

>The release-notes are inside the tar-balls at location hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/src/main/docs/releasenotes.html.
I hosted this at http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC2/releasenotes.html <http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC1/releasenotes.html>
for your quick perusal.

>As you may have noted,
> - I terminated the RC1 related voting thread after finding out that we didn’t have
a bunch of patches that are already in the released 2.6.3 version. After a brief discussion,
we decided to keep the parallel 2.6.x and 2.7.x releases incremental, see [4] for this discussion.
> - The RC0 related voting thread got halted due to some critical issues. It took a while
again for getting all those blockers out of the way. See the previous voting thread [3] for
details.
> - Before RC0, an unusually long 2.6.3 release caused 2.7.2 to slip by quite a bit. This
release's related discussion threads are linked below: [1] and [2].