hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Masatake Iwasaki <iwasak...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.2 RC2
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2016 02:10:08 GMT
+1(non-binding)

- verified mds and signature of source and binary tarball
- built from source tarball with -Pnative on CentOS 7/OpenJDK 7
- built rpm by using bigtop, launched 3 nodes cluster, ran smoke test of
hdfs, mapreduce, yarn
- built rpm of hbase, hive, pig against 2.7.2-RC2, ran smoke test of
hive, pig

Thanks,
Masatake Iwasaki

at https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1027 <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1027>

> The release-notes are inside the tar-balls at location hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/src/main/docs/releasenotes.html.
I hosted this at http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC2/releasenotes.html <http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC1/releasenotes.html>
for your quick perusal.

> As you may have noted,
>   - I terminated the RC1 related voting thread after finding out that we didn’t have
a bunch of patches that are already in the released 2.6.3 version. After a brief discussion,
we decided to keep the parallel 2.6.x and 2.7.x releases incremental, see [4] for this discussion.
>   - The RC0 related voting thread got halted due to some critical issues. It took a while
again for getting all those blockers out of the way. See the previous voting thread [3] for
details.
>   - Before RC0, an unusually long 2.6.3 release caused 2.7.2 to slip by quite a bit.
This release's related discussion threads are linked below: [1] and [2].