hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Karthik Kambatla <ka...@cloudera.com>
Subject Highlighting communication on releases
Date Mon, 21 Dec 2015 04:59:49 GMT
Hi folks

In the last few months, we have been shipping multiple releases -
maintenance and minor - elevating the quality and purpose of our releases.

With the increase in releases and related communication, I wonder if we
need to highlight release-related communication in some way. Otherwise, it
is easy to miss the details in the plethora of emails on dev lists. For
instance, it appears committers might have missed the detail that
branch-2.8 was cut.

A couple of options I see:

   1. Tag release-related emails with [RELEASE] or some other appropriate
   tag.
   2. Separate mailing list for release specific information. May be, this
   list could be used for other project-level topics as well. common-dev@
   has been overloaded for both common-specific and project-level discussions.
   Also, folks wouldn't have to email all -dev@lists.

Would like to hear others' thoughts on the matter.

Karthik