hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Masatake Iwasaki <iwasak...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.2 RC1
Date Mon, 21 Dec 2015 17:58:49 GMT
+1(non-binding)

- verified mds and signature of source and binary tarball
- started 3 node cluster and ran example jobs such as wordcount and terasort
- built from source tarball with -Pnative on CentOS 7 and OpenJDK 7
- built site documentation and skimmed the contents

Thanks,
Masatake Iwasaki

at https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1026/ <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1026/>

> The release-notes are inside the tar-balls at location hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/src/main/docs/releasenotes.html.
I hosted this at http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC1/releasenotes.html for
quick perusal.

> As you may have noted,
>   - The RC0 related voting thread got halted due to some critical issues. It took a while
again for getting all those blockers out of the way. See the previous voting thread [3] for
details.
>   - Before RC0, an unusually long 2.6.3 release caused 2.7.2 to slip by quite a bit.
This release's related discussion threads are linked below: [1] and [2].