hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Vinod Vavilapalli <vino...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Looking to a 2.8.0 release
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2015 21:11:41 GMT
I’ll let others comment on specific features.

Regarding the 3.x vs 2.x point, as I noted before on other threads, given all the incompatibilities
in trunk it will be ways off before users can run their production workloads on a 3.x release.
Therefore, as I was proposing before, we should continue the 2.x lines, but soon get started
on rolling out a release candidate based off trunk.

Like with 2.8, I’d like to go back and prepare some notes on trunk’s content so we can
objectively discuss about it.

+Vinod