hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Elliott Clark <ecl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] About the details of JDK-8 support
Date Wed, 07 Oct 2015 21:39:16 GMT
On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 5:35 PM, Tsuyoshi Ozawa <ozawa@apache.org> wrote:

> Do you have any concern about this? I’ve not
> tested with HBase yet.

We've been running JDK 8u60 in production with Hadoop 2.6.X and HBase for
quite a while. Everything has been very stable for us. We're running and
compiling with jdk8.

We had to turn off yarn.nodemanager.vmem-check-enabled. Otherwise mr jobs
didn't do too well.

I'd be +1 on dropping jdk7 support. However as downstream developer it
would be very weird for that to happen on anything but a major release.