hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: When does the RM ever send out node map updates?
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2015 15:30:28 GMT

> IIUC, it is not possible now. Probably a bug which was missed till now!!
> OR
> Does all the applications need to know all the nodes updates in a cluster? It could be
1000 nodes , 10K nodes.

> And  how about when node label is configured.?

my AM needs to know the map because it's trying to support anti-affinity in resource requests
(SLIDER-82), with the plan being "ask for any node that isn't already in use by that component
type"). Some people have suggested blacklisting, but that would block all the other outstanding
requests for other components.

The AM would be happy with a node map and then update events as things change.