hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Wangda Tan <wheele...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Merge YARN-1197 container resize into trunk
Date Wed, 23 Sep 2015 01:18:58 GMT
Hi Karthik,

Thanks for comments! However, I think only merge to trunk may not work,
this patch involves thousands lines of code changes in scheduler side, only
putting that to trunk could lead to trunk/branch-2 totally incompatible for
resource manager. I think most of the code changes are new to scheduler
instead of modifying existed logic, they're not very tricky to me. And when
2.8 will be released is not planned yet, at least we have a couple of
months to make sure this feature becomes usable and not cause existing
behavior regressions.

Sounds good to you?

Wangda