hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Laxman Ch <laxman....@gmail.com>
Subject Concurrency control
Date Thu, 17 Sep 2015 09:38:19 GMT
Hi,

In YARN, do we have any way to control the amount of resources (vcores,
memory) used by an application SIMULTANEOUSLY.

- In my cluster, noticed some large and long running mr-app occupied all
the slots of the queue and blocking other apps to get started.
- I'm using Capacity schedulers (using hierarchical queues and preemption
disabled)
- Using Hadoop version 2.6.0
- Did some googling around this and gone through configuration docs but I'm
not able to find anything that matches my requirement.

If needed, I can provide more details on the usecase and problem.
--
Thanks,
Laxman