hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Abhishek Das <abhishek.b...@gmail.com>
Subject location of leveldb in timeline server
Date Mon, 17 Aug 2015 21:29:07 GMT
Hi,

By default, the leveldb for the timeline server resides on local disk
(configurable via yarn.timeline-service.leveldb-timeline-store.path). Is it
possible to configure the path to be a different file system ( say s3. the
path is going to be s3:// --- ).

I tried to set the path but its giving me the following error when I am
trying to start the timelineserver.

15/08/17 11:52:39 INFO service.AbstractService: Service
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.timeline.LeveldbTimelineStore failed in state
INITED; cause: org.fusesource.leveldbjni.internal.NativeDB$DBException: IO
error:  No such file or directory

org.fusesource.leveldbjni.internal.NativeDB$DBException: IO error:  No such
file or directory

at
org.fusesource.leveldbjni.internal.NativeDB.checkStatus(NativeDB.java:200)

at org.fusesource.leveldbjni.internal.NativeDB.open(NativeDB.java:218)

at org.fusesource.leveldbjni.JniDBFactory.open(JniDBFactory.java:168)

at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.timeline.LeveldbTimelineStore.serviceInit(LeveldbTimelineStore.java:228)

at org.apache.hadoop.service.AbstractService.init(AbstractService.java:163)

at
org.apache.hadoop.service.CompositeService.serviceInit(CompositeService.java:107)

at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.applicationhistoryservice.ApplicationHistoryServer.serviceInit(ApplicationHistoryServer.java:99)

at org.apache.hadoop.service.AbstractService.init(AbstractService.java:163)

at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.applicationhistoryservice.ApplicationHistoryServer.launchAppHistoryServer(ApplicationHistoryServer.java:157)

The path.getCanonicalPath() in NativeDB.open(NativeOptions options, File
path) is converting the path to local file system path and hence the
exception.

Can anyone help me to check whether we can have the path set to s3 location?

Regards,

Abhishek