hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From "Naganarasimha G R (Naga)" <garlanaganarasi...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: YARN-2928 branch reset
Date Fri, 14 Aug 2015 03:44:12 GMT
Hi Vinod,
Thanks for informing will take a look at TestSystemMetricsPublisherForV2 !
Earlier saw intermittent failures in TestDistributedShell and most of the times it was related
to race condition which exists in NM. Will check and confirm it

Regards
Naga

From: Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli [vinodkv@hortonworks.com]
Sent: Friday, August 14, 2015 02:51
To: yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Cc: Li Lu; Zhijie Shen; Junping Du; Sangjin Lee; Vrushali Channapattan; Naganarasimha G R
(Naga)
Subject: Re: YARN-2928 branch reset

I had quite a bit of trouble with some of the DistributedShell changes, but finally done with
this.

Created a new branch YARN-2928-new. If you can give it a spin and things look okay, I’ll
swap the branches.

Ran TestDistributedShell fine. There are existing failures with tests like TestSystemMetricsPublisherForV2
on the current branch itself, will file tickets for their fixes post the branch-swap.

Thanks
+Vinod

> On Aug 12, 2015, at 12:54 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vinodkv@hortonworks.com>
wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I’ve tried rebasing YARN-2928 upto trunk and realized that we haven’t been rebasing
correctly.

> Today, I plan to recreate YARN-2928 branch freshly from trunk. So please hold off any
commits to the branch till I send an all-clear.