hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Junping Du <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: YARN-2928 branch reset
Date Fri, 14 Aug 2015 15:12:35 GMT
Thanks Vinod for the outstanding effort and Naga, Li for the verification work.

I tried to do some diff work between old YARN-2928 branch and YARN-2928-new. I noticed that
two branches are based on different commits, so in my local YARN-2928 branch, I manually cherry
pick commits between YARN-3543 and HADOOP-12244 (a short list) to make sure two branches are
standing at the same points.

>From the diff files generated between two branches, I found that most differences are
trivial (blank lines, sequence of methods, etc.). However, some test failure like TestRMAppLogAggregationStatus
is due to our merge conflict (with YARN-3999) that should be easily fix.

I am still working on checking diffs on hints for more test failures, but would like to share
with everyone on this branch to watch together in case I miss something. If everyone agree,
I would like to create a JIRA to put on the raw diff patch which is open for discussion, and
our goal here is to pick up some important pieces of code (not include trivial things) to
check-in to YARN-2928-new. Thoughts?

BTW, I think TestSystemMetricsPublisherForV2 get NPE failures on both YARN-2928 and YARN-2928-new
which should be fixed separately?

Thanks,

Junping