hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: JIRA admin question: Moving a bug from Hadoop to YARN
Date Mon, 01 Jun 2015 20:54:36 GMT
It actually works exactly the way you expect it to. It's just that each JIRA project needs
to add a contributor only the first time he/she starts contributing (aka 'the project doesn't
know who you are yet'). After that, you are free to assign tickets to yourselves.

Seems like Ravi already added you as a contributor. Contribute away!

+Vinod

On May 27, 2015, at 12:20 PM, Alan Burlison <Alan.Burlison@oracle.com> wrote:

> On 27/05/2015 18:33, Ted Yu wrote:
>
>> My understanding is that once you attach patch to YARN-3724, a YARN
>> committer would assign the issue to you.
>
> Hmm, that's different to how HADOOP-XXXX JIRAs work, there you can assign a bug to yourself.
Having to submit a patch first before a bug is assigned to you seems like it's going to risk
multiple people working on the same bug.