hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Allen Wittenauer ...@altiscale.com>
Subject Update: checkstyle, shellcheck, and whitespace tests
Date Fri, 01 May 2015 03:37:41 GMT

Hey gang.

	With the commit of HADOOP-11866, the output for checkstyle and whitespace has been greatly
enhanced to actually be useful now.  Instead of getting weird output, you'll see the file,
the line number and (in the case of checkstyle) error.  Note that line numbers are after the
patch applied. So any fuzzing done by patch will offset the line numbers if your source tree
isn't up to date.

	Shellcheck output has also been fixed to show errors that might have been missed before.
 Additionally, I've filed an INFRA ticket to try to get shellcheck installed on the Jenkins
nodes so that we can start seeing errors from it as well.

	Thanks.