hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Nijel s f <nijel...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: 2.7.1 status
Date Wed, 27 May 2015 07:04:07 GMT

Hi,

Thanks for the update
We are using 2.7.0 for our platform, and testing it per our scenarios.

Overall the test result looks fine. Basic performance test is done and no degradation observed
in our scenarios.
Functional scenarios are working fine and no issue reported in compatibility with the usage
scenarios

Ran into few major issues,

As per the discussion with some of the members, YARN-3558 seems like not a regression bug.

Looking forward to get these fixed in 2.7.1

Regards
Nijel

-----Original Message-----
From: Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli [mailto:vinodkv@hortonworks.com]
Sent: 23 May 2015 01:02
To: Hadoop Common; hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org; yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org; mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Cc: Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli
Subject: Re: 2.7.1 status

Been a while since 2.7.0 release.

I am going to do a scan of outstanding issues this weekend and start the push. There are 7
blockers/criticals as of now: https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12331550

I couldn't send notes to downstream projects as I originally anticipated. But from our internal
testing with the latest releases/branches of other ecosystem projects like Hive, Pig, Oozie,
I haven't yet seen any incompatible issues being reported. We also have done one preliminary
round of rolling-upgrades testing which seems to have gone well.

Will post more results over this and next week. Has anyone else done any testing on 2.7.0?
If so, please update here of your findings.

Hoping to get a release candidate out next week.

Thanks
+Vinod

On Apr 23, 2015, at 11:58 AM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vinodkv@apache.org<mailto:vinodkv@apache.org>>