hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Wang <andrew.w...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Set minimum version of Hadoop 3 to JDK 8
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2015 22:31:20 GMT
Hey Robert,

As a first step, could we try switching all our precommit and nightly
builds over to use 1.8? This is a prerequisite for HADOOP-11858, and safe
to do in any case since it'll still target 1.7.

I'll note that HADOOP-10530 details the pain Steve went through switching
us to JDK7. Might be some lessons learned about how to do this transition
more smoothly.

Thanks,
Andrew