hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Tsuyoshi Ozawa <oz...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.0 RC0
Date Fri, 17 Apr 2015 17:49:51 GMT
Hi Vinod,

Could you check a comment by Karthik? Maybe you're missing it.

> Stood up a pseudo-dist cluster using the binary bits and ran a pi job.
> - The MR-AM got allocated, but never launched because the NM-RM didn't talk
> to each other. Filed YARN-3492. Was able to run jobs after restart.
>
> I believe we should at least investigate this further to see what could
> have been going on.

Thanks,
- Tsuyoshi

On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 12:47 PM, Tsuyoshi Ozawa <ozawa@apache.org> wrote:
> I'd like to agree with Vinod's suggestion.
>
> Thanks,
> - Tsuyoshi
>
> On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 9:12 AM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli
> <vinodkv@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>> Quick look tells me this is a bug that needs fixing.
>>
>> Am on the road, so couldn't close the vote right after 5 days.
>>
>> Seeing as this is coming up beyond the voting period, unless you feel strongly against
it, I'd like to close the vote as a success but do the following: call this release an alpha
for downstream consumption in line with my original proposal, following it up with a 2.7.1
in two weeks.

>> Thanks
>> +Vinod
>>
>> On Apr 17, 2015, at 2:27 AM, Colin P. McCabe <cmccabe@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> I would like to fix HDFS-8070, which just came to light.  The impact
>>> is that if this isn't fixed, 2.6 clients will be unable to do
>>> short-circuit reads against 2.7 datanodes.
>>>
>>> best,
>>> Colin

Todd to get jcardar..

changes that you are waiting on.

release that compiled Java 7 class files. Jcarder needs to updated to support Java 7 byte
code..