hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Allen Wittenauer ...@altiscale.com>
Subject Re: IMPORTANT: automatic changelog creation
Date Thu, 02 Apr 2015 19:54:33 GMT

On Apr 2, 2015, at 12:40 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vinodkv@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> We'd then doing two commits for every patch. Let's simply not remove CHANGES.txt from
trunk, keep the existing dev workflow, but doc the release process to remove CHANGES.txt in
trunk at the time of a release going out of trunk.

Might as well copy branch-2’s changes.txt into trunk then. (or 2.7’s.  Last I looked,
people updated branch-2 and not 2.7’s or vice versa for some patches that went into both
branches.)  So that folks who are committing to both branches and want to cherry pick all
changes can.

I mean, trunk’s is very very very wrong. Right now. Today. Borderline useless. See HADOOP-11718
(which I will now close out as won’t fix)… and that jira is only what is miscategorized,
not what is missing.