hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: 2.7 status
Date Thu, 09 Apr 2015 18:37:07 GMT
A couple of weeks late, but we are here.

There is one last blocker that I am about to commit in a little while.

I am starting the release process.

+Vinod

On Mar 25, 2015, at 9:53 AM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vinodkv@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> Progress has been really slow, but now we are down to four blockers across the board.
>
> I plan to roll an RC this weekend.
>
> Thanks,
> +Vinod
>
> On Mar 8, 2015, at 8:40 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vinodkv@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
>> 2.7 branch created and branch-2 updated to point to 2.8-SNAPSHOT.
>>
>> Committers, please exercise caution on the content going into branch-2.7. I'd take
help everyone's help in pushing through the remaining set of blockers targeted for 2.7.

>> Thanks,
>> +Vinod
>>
>> On Mar 8, 2015, at 8:21 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vinodkv@hortonworks.com>
wrote:

>>> Branching 2.7 now. Request holding off commits to branch-2 to avoid commit race.
Will send an all-clear in the next 30 mins once I am done.

>>> Thanks
>>> +Vinod

filter stuff in after that in the interest of convergence.

with features, patches that already got in?

Nine open now.

3 months since Hadoop 2.6 was released, and there have already been 634 JIRAs committed to
2.7.  That's a lot of changes waiting for an official release.