hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Allen Wittenauer ...@altiscale.com>
Subject Re: IMPORTANT: testing patches for branches
Date Wed, 22 Apr 2015 19:57:47 GMT

More than likely. It probably needs more testing (esp under Jenkins).

It should be noted that the code in test-patch.sh has lots of problems with branch-0, minor,
and micro releases.  But for major releases, it seems to work well for me. :)

On Apr 22, 2015, at 8:45 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vinodkv@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> Does this mean HADOOP-7435 is no longer needed / closeable as dup?
>
> Thanks
> +Vinod
>
> On Apr 22, 2015, at 12:34 PM, Allen Wittenauer <aw@altiscale.com> wrote:
>

>> Hey gang,
>>
>> 	Just so everyone is aware, if you are working on a patch for either a feature branch
or a major branch, if you name the patch with the branch name following the spec in HowToContribute
(and a few other ways… test-patch tries to figure it out!), test-patch.sh *should* be switching
the repo over to that branch for testing.

>> 	For example,  naming a patch foo-branch-2.01.patch should get tested on branch-2.
 Naming a patch foo-HDFS-7285.00.patch should get tested on the HDFS-7285 branch.

>> 	This hopefully means that there should really be no more ‘blind’ +1’s to patches
that go to branches.  The “we only test against trunk” argument is no longer valid. :)