hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Allen Wittenauer ...@altiscale.com>
Subject Save the Date: Apache Hadoop Bug Bash / May 8th!
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2015 17:34:06 GMT

Hi folks,

	There are ~6,000 Hadoop JIRA issues that have gone unaddressed, including ~900 with patches
waiting to be reviewed.  Among other things, this lack of attention to our backlog is making
the Hadoop project very unfriendly to contributors--which is ultimately very unhealthy for
the project.

	In hopes of resetting our community habits a bit, a bunch of us are organizing a "bug bash"
of sorts on Friday May 8th, the day after HBase Con.  We're thinking about holding an in-person
event someplace in the San Francisco Bay Area... but we definitely want this to be a virtual
event for participants around the world!

	As details form, we'll let you know.  But we wanted to send an initial notice so you can
save the date, and also share your ideas on how we can make this event successful.

	Thanks!