hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Retention policy on Yarn application's file cache
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2015 22:56:46 GMT
Log directories are treated separate from the local directories.

Retention of files in the local cache is debug-delay-sec which is an admin server-side configuration.
Applications cannot control it.

+Vinod

On Mar 26, 2015, at 2:31 PM, Navina Ramesh <nramesh@linkedin.com.INVALID> wrote:

> Hi yarn-dev,
> I am trying to understand the extent to which the NMs support retaining application related
cache.

> “yarn.nodemanager.delete.debug-delay-sec” can be used to control the number of seconds
after an application finishes before the NM's DeletionService will delete the application's
localized file directory and log directory.

> Is there a way to control the retention period for the localized file directory independent
of the log directory ? That is, if I want to retain certain application data longer than the
log's retention, is there a way to do it in YARN ?