hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Brahma Reddy Battula <brahmareddy.batt...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: Save the Date: Apache Hadoop Bug Bash / May 8th!
Date Fri, 20 Mar 2015 05:19:24 GMT
+1
I feel,we can include
a) Road map
b) Guidelines ( If possible by giving certain examples )
c) Open Discussion ( Even virtual participants can express their ideas/doubts )

Thanks & Regards
Brahma Reddy Battula
From: Tsuyoshi Ozawa [ozawa@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2015 11:36 PM
To: hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Cc: common-dev@hadoop.apache.org; yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org; mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Save the Date: Apache Hadoop Bug Bash / May 8th!

Hi Allen,

Thank you for the great suggestion. Let's do this!

Thanks,
- Tsuyoshi

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 2:34 AM, Allen Wittenauer <aw@altiscale.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
>         There are ~6,000 Hadoop JIRA issues that have gone unaddressed, including ~900
with patches waiting to be reviewed.  Among other things, this lack of attention to our backlog
is making the Hadoop project very unfriendly to contributors--which is ultimately very unhealthy
for the project.

>         In hopes of resetting our community habits a bit, a bunch of us are organizing
a "bug bash" of sorts on Friday May 8th, the day after HBase Con.  We're thinking about holding
an in-person event someplace in the San Francisco Bay Area... but we definitely want this
to be a virtual event for participants around the world!

>         As details form, we'll let you know.  But we wanted to send an initial notice
so you can save the date, and also share your ideas on how we can make this event successful.