hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Allen Wittenauer ...@altiscale.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop 3.x: what about shipping trunk as a 2.x release in 2015?
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2015 01:13:25 GMT

	Between this and the other thread, I’m seeing:

	* companies that were forced to make internal forks because their patches were ignored are
now considered the deciders for whether we move forward
	* 5 years since the last branch off of trunk is considered ‘soon’
	* More good reasons to kill hadoop 2.7 and release hadoop 3.0 as the JDK7 release
	* We are now OPENLY hostile to operations teams
	* No one seems to really care that we’re about to create an absolute nightmare for anyone
that uses maven repos, as they’ll need to keep track of which jars have been compiled with
which JVM with zero hints from our build artifacts