hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: About YARN-1336 in hadoop 2.6.0
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2014 11:00:22 GMT
Container re-use is a separate JIRA, without any code behind it yet

All that happens on YARN-1336 NM restart is the containers stay up and the
NM reconnects to them. This actually forces the slider code to add some
more logic to handle the situation "NM down & stays down, container failure
report triggers new container allocation —but the existing container stays
up and heartbeats to our AM." we handle this by recognising an unknown
container checking in, and sending a message to its python agent saying
"you are no longer live, kill yourself and your processes"

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE