hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From "Naganarasimha G R (Naga)" <garlanaganarasi...@huawei.com>
Subject Some information required related to Hadoop documentation developement
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2014 17:51:18 GMT
Hi All,
I wanted to know the following related to Hadoop Documentation

  1.  what and how are these *.vm files(format) used in Hadoop [Hdfs and Yarn] documentation
?
  2.  Does vm files stand for velocity macro?
  3.  Do we use some kind of editor to create/update these files ?
  4.  Are there any guidelines for writing Hadoop/YARN documentation ?
  5.  Are these documentation pages built if " -Pdocs " parameters are provided during "mvn
install" ? If so which Pom is responsible for building the html files ? Basically how to modify
and test the generated html files?
  6.  From earlier patches  (ex : yarn 1696) i figured out that to add new page(in yarn documentation)
we can add a *.vm file in "hadoop-yarn-project\hadoop-yarn\hadoop-yarn-site\src\site\apt"
and make entry in "hadoop-project\src\site\site.xml"  for the new page? Is that sufficient
or anything else needs to be taken care?

Regards,

Naga

Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
Phone:
Fax:
Mobile:  +91 9980040283
Email: naganarasimhagr@huawei.com<mailto:naganarasimhagr@huawei.com>
Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
Bantian, Longgang District,Shenzhen 518129, P.R.China
http://www.huawei.com