hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Nauroth <cnaur...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: should clients be able to override *-site.xml?
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2014 23:34:45 GMT
I participated on the HADOOP-9450 code review.  There was some debate about
the significance of keeping HADOOP_CONF_DIR first.  Ultimately, there was
agreement that "FIRST" really ought to mean first.  Apparently, other
Hadoop ecosystem projects have made the same interpretation and implemented
their scripts accordingly.  Just echoing what Allen said, there were always
plenty of ways for a user to override *-site.xml too.

Of course, I'm sorry to hear the change caused an issue at your company,
Sangjin.

Chris Nauroth
Hortonworks
http://hortonworks.com/