hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Karthik Kambatla <ka...@cloudera.com>
Subject Git repo ready to use
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2014 08:33:57 GMT
Hi folks,

I am very excited to let you know that the git repo is now writable. I
committed a few changes (CHANGES.txt fixes and branching for 2.5.1) and
everything looks good.

Current status:

   1. All branches have the same names, including trunk.
   2. Force push is disabled on trunk, branch-2 and tags.
   3. Even if you are experienced with git, take a look at
   https://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToCommitWithGit . Particularly, let us
   avoid merge commits.

Follow-up items:

   1. Update rest of the wiki documentation
   2. Update precommit Jenkins jobs and get HADOOP-11001 committed (reviews
   appreciated). Until this is done, the precommit jobs will run against our
   old svn repo.
   3. git mirrors etc. to use the new repo instead of the old svn repo.

Thanks again for your cooperation through the migration process. Please
reach out to me (or the list) if you find anything missing or have
suggestions.

Cheers!
Karthik