hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Wei Yan <ywsk...@gmail.com>
Subject Problems when running Cgroups using Systemd
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2014 21:14:54 GMT
Hi, devs,

I’m working on getting YARN containers to run via systemd as opposed to old
fashioned cgroups configs and it runs into some issues.

I followed the tutorial (
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/Resource_Management_and_Linux_Containers_Guide/chap-Using_Control_Groups.html#sec-Creating_Transient_Cgroups_with_systemd-run),
and can successfully run under root user. However, I met some problems when
run in user session with command like “systemd-run —user /usr/bin/ls”. The
error message "Failed to create bus connection: No such file or directory".
So I wonder whether anyone happen to know what I may be missing of doing
wrong.

thanks,

Wei