hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From "Zheng, Kai" <kai.zh...@intel.com>
Subject RE: Anyone know how to mock a secured hdfs for unit test?
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2014 10:02:50 GMT
Hi Chris,

Thanks for your great info. I would paste it in the JIRA for future reference if I or somebody
else get the chance to work on it.

Regards,
Kai

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Nauroth [mailto:cnauroth@hortonworks.com]
Sent: Saturday, June 28, 2014 4:27 AM
To: security@hadoop.apache.org
Cc: yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org; hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org; hdfs-issues@hadoop.apache.org;
yarn-issues@hadoop.apache.org; mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Anyone know how to mock a secured hdfs for unit test?

Hi David and Kai,

There are a couple of challenges with this, but I just figured out a pretty decent setup while
working on HDFS-2856.  That code isn't committed yet, but if you open patch version 5 attached
to that issue and look for the TestSaslDataTransfer class, then you'll see how it works.
Most of the logic for bootstrapping a MiniKDC and setting up the right HDFS configuration
properties is in an abstract base class named SaslDataTransferTestCase.

I hope this helps.

There are a few other open issues out there related to tests in secure mode.  I know of HDFS-4312
and HDFS-5410.  It would be great to get more regular test coverage with something that more
closely approximates a secured deployment.

Chris Nauroth
Hortonworks
http://hortonworks.com/

--