hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Karthik Kambatla <ka...@cloudera.com>
Subject Changing LimitedPrivate{"Yarn"}-Evolving interfaces incompatibly
Date Tue, 20 May 2014 01:20:35 GMT
Hi folks

Just wanted to understand how kosher it is to change a
LimitedPrivate{"Yarn"}-Evolving interface in an incompatible way? Do we try
not to change Evolving APIs as much as possible? How about removing an
unused parameter from a method?

This is in the context of YARN-1474 changes to ResourceScheduler. I think
we should change the signature of ResourceScheduler#reinitialize.

Also, I want to update LimitedPrivate{"Yarn"} to Private.

Comments?

Thanks
Karthik