hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Abhiraj Butala <abhiraj.but...@gmail.com>
Subject 'svn mv' and patches
Date Sun, 19 Jan 2014 11:12:00 GMT
Hello,

I have a newbie question about patch creation when there are file renames
involved. I am working on a fix for
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YARN-1586 , which involves renaming a
couple of files.

As suggested on
https://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToContribute#Generating_a_patch , I did
following:

1) Created a shell script which has the 'svn mv' commands
2) Ran the script and then made necessary changes
3) Created the diff using this command: "svn diff --no-diff-selected
--notice-ancestry > YARN-1586.patch'

The idea is to submit both the shell script and the patch as suggested.

I tried to test this patch using 'dev-support/test-patch.sh' on a fresh
checkout of hadoop-trunk, but it fails to apply because it does not find
the new files to apply the patch on.

Creating the patch before doing 'svn mv' also does not work, because now
the test-patch.sh applies it cleanly but fails during build.

I looked up online and tried a few suggestions but that did not seem to
help.

So, how should the patch be created so test-patch.sh and thus jenkins
automation shall be happy?
Am I missing something obvious here? Kindly let me know.

Thank you!

Regards,
Abhiraj