hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Bikas Saha <bi...@hortonworks.com>
Subject RE: AMRMTokens with Unmanaged Application Master
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2014 21:47:20 GMT
Thanks Alejandro for the quick answer.

Sujeet,  can you please give an overview of what use case you are trying
to solve with the unmanaged AM? We initially did the unmanaged AM for
local debugging of AM's with the additional scope that users could use it
for non-debugging (real deployment) scenarios (like the LAMA AM does). It
would be helpful for us to understand future investment scope for the
unmanaged AM as more such scenarios show up. So your scenario would help.

Thanks
Bikas

-----Original Message-----
From: Alejandro Abdelnur [mailto:tucu@cloudera.com]
Sent: Monday, January 27, 2014 11:13 AM
To: yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: AMRMTokens with Unmanaged Application Master

Something along the following lines would do:

-----
    UserGroupInformation ugi = //get your UGI
    YarnClient yarnClient = YarnClient.createYarnClient();
    yarnClient.init(yarnConf);
    yarnClient.start();
    YarnClientApplication app = yarnClient.createApplication();
    ApplicationSubmissionContext appCtx
=Records.newRecord(ApplicationSubmissionContext.class);
    appCtx.setApplicationId(appId);
    appCtx.setUnmanagedAM(true);
    // other settings to appCtx
    ApplicationId appId = yarnClient.submitApplication(appContext);
    // wait until application state is ACCEPTED
    ugi.addToken(yarnClient.getAMRMToken(appId));
-----

thx

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 10:49 AM, Sujeet Varakhedi
<svarakhedi@gopivotal.com
> wrote:

> Hi All,
> I am not sure if this is the right alias to ask this question. Let me
> know if there is any other for these type of questions.
> I am trying to create an Unmanaged ApplicationMaster and having issues
> with creating AMRMtokens right. I peeked into the TestAMRMtokens.java
> test cases and here is what I have come up with. (This is scala code)
>

> *def getNextAttemptid() : ApplicationAttemptId = {*
> *    val t = java.lang.System.currentTimeMillis()*
> *
>
> ConverterUtils.toApplicationAttemptId(ConverterUtils.APPLICATION_ATTEM
> PT_PREFIX
> + "_" + t.toString() + "_0001" + "_0001")*
> *  }*
>
> *  appAttemptId = getNextAttemptid()*
>

> *   UserGroupInformation.setConfiguration(yarnConf)*
> *   val ugi = UserGroupInformation.getCurrentUser()*
> *    val tokenIdentifier = new AMRMTokenIdentifier(appAttemptId)*
> *    val secretManager = new AMRMTokenSecretManager(yarnConf)*
> *    val token: Token[_ <: TokenIdentifier] = new
> Token[AMRMTokenIdentifier](tokenIdentifier, secretManager)*
> *    ugi.addToken(token)*
>
> *    amClient = AMRMClient.createAMRMClient()*
> *    amClient.init(yarnConf)*
> *    amClient.start()*
> *    val appMasterResponse =
> amClient.registerApplicationMaster("localhost", 0, "")  *
>

> Yarn does not like this request and says:
> 2014-01-27 10:47:10,938 WARN
SecurityLogger.org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server:

--
Alejandro

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE