hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Bikas Saha <bi...@hortonworks.com>
Subject RE: Allocating Containers on a particular Node in Yarn
Date Fri, 15 Nov 2013 02:36:42 GMT
What else is running on the cluster? What is the locality delay value set
to? This value is not time. It is the number of node heartbeat to wait
before assigning a rack local container. So if those many nodes
heartbeated to the RM before the RM could assign a node local machine to
that request then it will assign a rack local machine.

It is interesting that if you don't specify the rack, ie. you want the
exact machine, even then you are not getting the exact machine. You should
either get the exact machine or your request will not be fulfilled. You
should never get a different machine. If this is what you observe then
please open a bug on Jira and attach the RM logs mentioning the machine
name and container id that were erroneous. You will probably have to
enable debug logs on the RM before you get the repro.

Bikas

-----Original Message-----
From: Gaurav Gupta [mailto:gaurav@datatorrent.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 14, 2013 5:48 PM
To: yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: RE: Allocating Containers on a particular Node in Yarn

Hi Bikas,

With scheduler delay on and relax locality set to true (with and without
Requesting the rack), I don't get the containers on the required host. It
always assign to different host.
I am using default Capacity scheduler. Here is the snippet of the code

    AMRMClient<ContainerRequest> amRmClient =
AMRMClient.createAMRMClient();;
    String host = "h1";
    Resource capability = Records.newRecord(Resource.class);
    capability.setMemory(memory);
    nodes = new String[] {host};
    // in order to request a host, we also have to request the rack
    racks = new String[] {"/default-rack"};
     List<ContainerRequest> containerRequests = new
ArrayList<ContainerRequest>();
    List<ContainerId> releasedContainers = new ArrayList<ContainerId>();
    containerRequests.add(new ContainerRequest(capability, nodes, racks,
Priority.newInstance(priority),false));
    if (containerRequests.size() > 0) {
      LOG.info("Asking RM for containers: " + containerRequests);
      for (ContainerRequest cr : containerRequests) {
        LOG.info("Requested container: {}", cr.toString());
        amRmClient.addContainerRequest(cr);
      }
    }

    for (ContainerId containerId : releasedContainers) {
      LOG.info("Released container, id={}", containerId.getId());
      amRmClient.releaseAssignedContainer(containerId);
    }
    return amRmClient.allocate(0);

Thanks
Gaurav