hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.2.0
Date Sun, 13 Oct 2013 17:37:50 GMT

Ran through my usual check-list.
 - Signatures and message digests all good.
 - The top level full LICENSE, NOTICE and README files look fine.
 - CHANGES.txt for common, hdfs, yarn and mapped are located as in before releases.
 - Able to build the tars out of the source tar ball.

Testing: Built from the source tarball. All testing on single node, non-secure setup - with
separate installation directories for each sub-project.
Successfully started mapred history server.
Started HDFS daemons successfully.
Successfully started YARN daemons - ResourceManager and NodeManager
Ran YARN's distributed shell example.
Ran sleep, wordcount, pi, random writer, sort, grep and they all pass just fine.
App/Job listing, killing jobs all work well from the CLI.
Did basic YARN/MAPRED UI browsing, all seems well.
I am surprised no one else mentioned this. Besides symlinks, there is one more incompatible
change that I hit (as I expected). We should call out the following incompatible change in
the release notes.
    YARN-1229. Define constraints on Auxiliary Service names. Change
    ShuffleHandler service name from mapreduce.shuffle to
    mapreduce_shuffle (Xuan Gong via sseth)
With that, here's my +1 for the RC. Ship it!
Thanks,
+Vinod

On Oct 7, 2013, at 12:00 AM, Arun C Murthy wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I've created a release candidate (rc0) for hadoop-2.2.0 that I would like to get released
- this release fixes a small number of bugs and some protocol/api issues which should ensure
they are now stable and will not change in hadoop-2.x.

> The RC is available at: http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-2.2.0-rc0
> The RC tag in svn is here: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.2.0-rc0

> thanks,
> Arun
>
> P.S.: Thanks to Colin, Andrew, Daryn, Chris and others for helping nail down the symlinks-related
issues. I'll release note the fact that we have disabled it in 2.2. Also, thanks to Vinod
for some heavy-lifting on the YARN side in the last couple of weeks.

> --
> Arun C. Murthy
> Hortonworks Inc.
> http://hortonworks.com/