hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@hortonworks.com>
Subject which notification signasl container termination?
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2013 16:02:45 GMT
I'm trying to understand when I should be listening to NM vs RM callbacks
to be notified of container failures, and while I could corner colleagues
direct, I'm doing this over email for a searchable result.

my question is simple: how should I be reacting
to NMClientAsync.CallbackHandler.onStopContainerError() and
NMClientAsync.CallbackHandler .onContainerStopped() given there's also
AMRMClientAsync.onContainersCompleted() to listen to?

Can I just ignore the NM events and hook straight into the
AMRMClientAsync.onContainersCompleted() callbacks, which should be telling
me of all problems and anything triggered by NM failures/partitions -or are
AM's expected to be listening for NM events too?

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE