hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.1.1-beta
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2013 19:04:23 GMT
Correct me if I am wrong, but FWIU, we already released a beta with the same symlink issues.
Given 2.1.1 is just another beta, I believe we can go ahead with it and resolve the issues
in the final GA release. Instead of resetting the testing done by everyone.

It's a hard story to sell but beta phase is supposed to be only about bug-fixes, but incompatible
changes that cannot be avoided, well cannot be avoided.

Thanks,
+Vinod

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE