hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Karthik Kambatla <ka...@cloudera.com>
Subject RM internal services starting during init()
Date Sat, 17 Aug 2013 23:03:05 GMT
Hi yarn-devs,

I ran into this during my work on RM HA - YARN-149 and co - and would
greatly appreciate any suggestions on how to go about this.

The basic idea is to have an Active/Standby architecture the same way as in
HDFS. My approach is to init() both RMs the same way. The RMs are to behave
differently in start() - we start all services on the Active RM and only
those we want to on the Standby.

However, post-init, some of the services are already starting, at least
they start listening on their respective ports. Examples are the scheduler,
resource tracker service etc.

Is there a particular reason this is being done in init(). If not, it would
be nice to move the code responsible for starting these services to
serviceStart().

Thoughts?

Many thanks,
Karthik